DebbieDoesLife

Monday, November 10, 2008

Off the Top of My Head


I am so behind on posting so will have to combine many thoughts/topics into one post. Hang on!

1. Congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama!! What an exciting night Nov. 4th was! Someone (who happens to be a snarky Republican - not all are but this one sends out mass emails that are insulting to the black side of Obama) asked me if I celebrated. Well, as a matter of fact, a friend and I toasted his win with champagne.

2. Fav recent quote: "Her house was a moratorium to her daughter" (the word I think the woman meant to use was museum.)

3. Recently, during a pedicure, the woman next to me had such thick, scaly foot skin, they broke out what I swear was an industrial sized cheese grater and started shaving her feet. It was nasty. It was all I could do to keep my eyes glued onto my People mag!

4. If I had a daughter, I would never allow her to wear pants/shorts with the word "JUICY" on the rear. Parents! Step up and be in charge! Yes, that is a brand but have you ever heard of a double entendre? Look it up.

5. What drives me crazy? People who don't give good voicemail. Instead of a bit of detail such as the purpose of the call all they say is, "Hi its "blank", call me back." Or even better, the ones who call and don't leave a voicemail at all. It will show as a missed call on my cell but I usually don't return those calls figuring, it musn't have been that important, right? I have had people say, "I called you. How come you haven't returned my call?" Whatever.

6. Walking into the wrong bathroom. This seems to be a theme in my life right now. No, I have not walked into a men's room, but I did have a man come in while I was in a stall and he used the one next to me. How did I know? Well, the distance the "water" traveled was my first clue....oh, and he didn't shut the stall door. I have a friend who used the ladies room one time, not realizing it until he came out to wash his hands. Then another who did the same thing. Its an epidemic.

7 Comments:

  • I'm the worst voicemail leaver...My kids say I give my whole life story before just getting to the point!

    I have to admit, I have walked into several mens rooms. Not on purpose, I swear!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 11/12/2008 3:06 PM  

  • Ha! Love the accompanying photo. Too funny!

    I would think, based on only things I've heard, that it would only take one whiff as you opened a men's room door to know you were headed in the wrong direction.

    Ditto on the voicmail thing--the hang ups really tick me off. Or how about people who leave a voicemail and 10 minutes later email you the same thing? You don't even have a chance to call them back and they're hitting you again? Rudeness!

    By Blogger Crazy MomCat, at 11/12/2008 9:13 PM  

  • My caregiver's mother always calls and begins her message with, "This is Mom." I think after 44 years, this would go without saying.

    I am an astute, self-aware feline tabby and fan of your blog. A friend of mine "tagged" me to reveal six random things about myself, which I did on my blog. I was asked to "tag" six other bloggers to contribute to the collective confessional (although you've sort of already fulfilled this with your post).

    This is not a chain letter. Nothing bad will happen to you if you decline to participate. I will keep my claws retracted. I have linked to you from my blog at:

    http://fourdaintypaws.blogspot.com/
    2008/11/ive-been-tagged-but-not-
    yet-released.html

    Henry, the Traveling Cat

    By Blogger Henry, at 11/13/2008 4:23 PM  

  • I have a "good friend" who is also a Republican. During the campaign he sent me two of the most racist photographs concerning Obama I've ever seen. One showed him kneeling before Palin and dressed as a shoeshine guy. The other involved a watermelon. Both times he had the temerity to claim that both were "JUST JOKES"!!! (Yeah! What an awfully bad sport I am for taking it the wrong way, right?) There's still one blogger (whom I de-blogrolled) who did nothing but complain during the last six weeks of the campaign, he supported and spread the nasty and untrue rumours and then generally complained and whined at the end. Now he's still at it. Maybe it's why no one reads his blog. He writes about nothing other than how Democrats are liars and how Obama is going to turn the nation into a gulag. Except he spells stuff wrong. I'd call him on it, but I want him to continue looking like an idiot for as long as possible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2008 5:38 PM  

  • Hooray for Obama!

    That's funny about the man in the ladies' room.

    And re your comment, yes I did think it was very nice of the bus driver. It was only afterwards that several of my (Caucasian) friends pointed out that he probably assumed I was going to Flushing because of my race. But I'm still very appreciative of his consideration! It's nice in a big city to have someone want to help a person out like that.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 11/13/2008 9:53 PM  

  • I am astounded by the things parents will buy for their children to wear. "Juicy" in not anything that should be plastered across your child's butt. Really, you don't want anything there aside from ample amounts of commentary-free fabric. Yeesh.

    I have a friend, who shall remain nameless, who never, ever checks her voicemails. I only leave them now to amuse myself. I have a cousin who leaves so much information, she always uses the entire message allotment.

    By Blogger Annie, The Evil Queen, at 11/14/2008 12:44 AM  

  • HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

    By Blogger PEACE, at 11/27/2008 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home