DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, January 11, 2009

In Comes 2009

Where did December and already half of January go?? I haven't even had time to make my usual list of lies, resolutions. But, here goes....

1. I will try and be less critical/cynical of myself and others (yeah, like that's gonna happen).
2. I will try and not have Monday Morning Meltdowns (instead Friday Freakouts? Tuesday Tantrums?).
3. I will try and not be so good at arguing. Certain people take issue with that fact that I can think and talk faster than they can (which is MY fault??) so I will pretend to be slower witted.
4. I resolve to not get irritated in the check out line at the grocery store despite the checker having a crippling disease and glasses that refuse to sit on his nose, despite one sacker being all of 85 and possibly taxidermied, despite the other sacker having Down's Syndrome and despite the senior citizen customer in front of me only checking her coupons AFTER total has been hit, then getting out her own pen out of her purse (obviously made by Samsonite), then getting out her old fashioned checkbook and no shitting you, looking at the total at least three times before writing. I took so many deep breaths I almost passed out.

Just to start the new year off right, here's a little extra cheese. I captured this on Christmas morning of two of my dogs. They were pretending there was mistletoe above their heads.

5 Comments:

  • Your #1 is also top on my list.
    I'll help you if you help me.

    By Blogger Brenda, at 1/12/2009 1:27 PM  

  • Happy Delurking Day!

    By Blogger Chris Cactus, at 1/12/2009 7:23 PM  

  • I just ran across your blog. I bookmarked it, I hope you don't mind. Good luck with your resolutions, I love #3!

    By Blogger mandy, at 1/15/2009 1:10 PM  

  • You know, I've had the same complaint about the arguing. Apparently it's a problem that I can talk circles around some people. I'm not sure how it's a problem that *I* am meant to fix.

    Love the picture of your dogs :)

    By Blogger Meg, at 1/17/2009 3:21 AM  

  • I just love to argue, and agree it is a skill. Some have it. Some don't. Cute dogs.

    By Blogger PEACE, at 1/22/2009 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home