DebbieDoesLife

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just Saying No


I refuse to watch awards shows. Tonight is the Nirvana/Valhalla/MackDaddy of awards shows. The Oscars. I will not be watching. I didn't watch the Grammies or the Sags or the CMA's. None of them. Nada.

I hate these shows. These shows are not put on for you. They are not put on for me. Its so the glitterati of cinema/music/entertainment can preen over themselves and each other and have another excuse to have their pictures taken. Another reason to wear borrowed jewelry and have their lips plumped, tummies sucked, implants implanted.

My life has more meaning than worrying about what Brangelina are (is?) wearing to the red carpet event.

Hugh Jackson is the only thing worth watching tonight but that is merely because he is a yummy boy toy.

I think there are more important things in the world than watching people who make too much money stand around and give each other awards for making even more money. Go ahead, call me crazy.

6 Comments:

  • I'm with ya, I'm not watching either. But I do love me some celebrity gossip...that is my guilty pleasure =)

    By Blogger mandy, at 2/22/2009 5:59 PM  

  • I won't be watching either! What makes me the most crazy is when celebs try and get all political! How anyone takes anything they say seriously is beyond me. If they want to lend their name to a good cause like saving Darfar, then more power to them. It's when they try to pretend like they have a clue about the political process.......well they need to shut the heck up and stick to the movies. As for Darfar, I'll bet the money spent on the over-the-top mega event tonight could have gone a long way in amking a meaningful differnce. Stupid celebs.......

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2009 8:02 PM  

  • Ditto.Ditto.Ditto. I don't watch either.

    I made a double batch of Chocolate Chip cookies. Time well spent.

    By Blogger Brenda, at 2/23/2009 10:31 AM  

  • I watched. *shameful toeing a few rocks with my shoe*. And now I feel bad. Badly. Awful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2009 12:11 AM  

  • I watched. *shameful toeing a few rocks with my shoe*. And now I feel bad. Badly. Awful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/25/2009 12:12 AM  

  • I didn't watch either. But I did find the Hugh Jackman numbers on YouTube just so I could drool over his (supposedly not gay) man-ness.

    Mmmm.

    By Blogger Meg, at 2/27/2009 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home