DebbieDoesLife

Monday, June 22, 2009

I Still Hate Facebook

First of all, I am back on Facebook. I know, I know. I bitched, I moaned and I insulted, degraded, stomped with my stiletto the almighty Facebook. What can I say? Peer pressure.

I don't really spend time on it. I still think its pretty worthless communication. There are certain people that feel the need to tell everyone who will listen what they are doing....EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY. I am not one of them.

Tonight I was bored and had just sipped down two glasses of wine (a lovely pinot noir, since you asked) several people had begged to be my friend so I was confirming them and then I decided to look up an old boyfriend. Okay, maybe he was more than an old boyfriend. We dated two years, lived together for about 6 months. I guess you could say he was my first love. He was every parents nightmare and became mine by the end. No matter. He is still the guy that you kinda, sorta hope to run into one day, just to see him. Now we have Facebook. I got to see a picture of him all these years later....damn, he still looks good.

I didn't ask him to be my friend. No thank you. I did get to see his friend list. Its all women. All 94 of them. Many are from Columbia or Puerto Rico - WTF? Is he a gigolo now? Is he smuggling in immigrants?

The last I heard he was banned from a certain state for stealing a computer or something. His ex had called my parents home wanting to know if I would testify that he abused me - to which my mother told me she answered "No, Debbie was never abused."

My mother comes close to Harold's mother in the movie Harold and Maude (look it up and Netflix it). Rather than ask me if I was abused, she answered how she wanted. Okay, other than some major name calling (verbal abuse) and the time he broke most of my unicorns in my collection (unicorn abuse), no real abuse took place.

So how do I wrap this all up?

Facebook = still bad.
"Harold and Maude" = must see movie for everyone!
Old Boyfriends = only gotten worse!

4 Comments:

  • I'm on Facebook, but I've kept my 'friend' list pretty tight. With one of my friends... it's the only time I can catch up with her. She's not good at emailing me. And I've re-connected with a daughter. So, I've found some good things. :-)

    By Blogger Brenda, at 6/23/2009 11:37 PM  

  • I discovered a new website that is social networking for people that like to read. It is a lot of fun. Go to GoodReads.com and start building your bookshelves. It works like facebook. I'm going to use it as a classroom tool for my reading class.

    By Anonymous Angie, at 6/24/2009 1:30 PM  

  • Unicorn abuse!!! LOL.

    I joined Facebook a few months back. It has been fun catching up with friends from kindergarten!

    I did find an ex bf's current wife. That was a little strange. She was cute.

    By Blogger teahouse, at 6/25/2009 7:52 AM  

  • but isnt blogging almost the same thing. You have a huge list of sites on your page that you like (friends). Its just people writing more then 150 words to describe something that happened or they thought. I love my FB. Thumbs in ears tongue out a waggin!!! Pthhhhhhhhhhht

    By Anonymous Big Luv, at 6/29/2009 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home